Spirulina is a Blue green micro algae that harvests the energy of the sun, growing a treasure of bio available nutrients. It was one of the first photosynthetic life forms on earth, 3.6 billion years ago and it helped produce the oxygen in our atmosphere that has allowed all higher life forms to evolve. Spirulina contains billions of years of successful evolutionary wisdom coded in its DNA.
What’s in me?
• Spirulina is a natural wholefood. It is 60% all-vegetable protein.
• It contains a complete range of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients and is especially rich in chlorophyll.
• Vitamin B12, beta-carotene, Iron, Calcium and the rare essential fatty acid, GLA.
• It is also one of the richest sources of arginine, an amino acid which promotes the release of growth hormones which stimulate the body’s own regenerative processes.
What can I be used for?
• Spirulina boosts energy and supports cardiovascular health by lowering cholesterol.
• To provide a high level of antioxidant protection.
• To Stimulate the metabolism.
• As a high protein nutritional supplement.
- Powder: 1- 10 grams per day. The powder can be mixed into foods and smoothies, or taken as a ‘shot’, mixed with small amount of juice or water.
- Tablets: 3 - 20 tablets per day. Each tablet is 500mg. Six is a good starting dosage.
Table of Nutrition
Spirulina Powder Per 100g
Energy 1533 kj / 367 kcal
of which sugars 130mg
of which is Saturated 1.6g
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) 60mcg